Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm BAAAACK!

Well, it's been since July that I have been here. Tinleigh has had her allergy testing done. Her results came back with her being allergic to peanuts and soy. Milk didn't show up on either test. We we're told that we could reintroduce dairy to her but I felt I didn't want to try it at the time.

Fast forward to a couple days ago. I decided to give her a piece of cheese. All went well she never reacted. So yesterday I gave her some yogurt. I thought all was going well until early evening. She started breaking out in a rash and got very upset. It took me quite a while to get her calmed down. I gave her some allergy medicine and rocked her. Finally I was able to lay her down at midnight.

It makes me feel like a horrible mother when this happens. Granted we have not dealt with this for 3-4 months. The allergist felt very confident that she was not allergic to dairy and I was sure praying she wasn't either. Oh well, we just have to roll with the punches and move on. She has an appointment Monday with her GI so we will see what they have to say. I know her weight will be a concern since she has only gained 8oz in three months. More updates to come. I PROMISE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My 13 month old also has allergies - she is allergic to milk and eggs. She originally tested negative to milk with the skin prick tests. However, when it was repeated with actual fresh milk rather than the test substance she was positive.

    I hope all goes well with your appointment.

    (PS I followed the link to your blog from MckMama's forum)

    ReplyDelete