Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Hate Reactions

Yeah, you heard me. I HATE REACTIONS!!!! Since Tinleigh turned one in June 17th we gave the trial run on Pediasure. If you are not familiar with Pediasure it is lactose free but contains milk and soy proteins. She had her appointment with her pediatric gastroenterologist on Tuesday and she asked us to try it. I knew in the back of my mind that she hadn't outgrown these two allergies but tried it anyway.

Wednesday came and I gave her the Pediasure. She took 5 oz. By 5pm that evening she was broke out. I gave her allergy meds and hoped for a descent night. She did well, went to bed at 8pm and woke around 7am yesterday. Now yesterday was a different story. She just plain had a bad day. Still broke out, very fussy and didn't sleep last night. She spent most of the night itching her face. I hate seeing her like this. I usually break down and cry with her.

This is why I have her scheduled with a pediatric allergist. I hate to have to put her through the testing but I need to know everything I need to keep her from. It's so hard to figure everything out on your own with there are multiple allergies. If you have a little one with food allergies I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just left you a comment on another post, but had to comment again. Your daughter's 1st birthday is the day before my younger son's 1st birthday (who we are hoping is allergy-free, but at this point he is on his brother's diet). Reactions do suck because you have no idea what it is from. We are finally at a point, after a couple years, of getting a handle on this and having a better idea what causes the reaction. It's so hard, your not alone, even though I know it feels like it a lot of the times!!! Breanna

    ReplyDelete